Tuesday, July 1, 2008

First post

This is the requisite first post. There has to be a first before there can be anything else. This can be a Declaration of Principles, if you will. Except I'm not Charles Foster Kane, nor do I own a crappy newspaper. I'm just someone who loves music and I want to make a career out of loving music. My goal in life is to be a music journalist researching all the damn time and listening and writing. This is step one. I guess I can start by telling you what's on the back burner. This is a long-term project. I plan on writing a book about Morrissey's band members. Starting from the era of the Lads, circa 1992 in the Your Arsenal period. The first step was creating a sort of rapport with Spencer Cobrin when I interviewed him via myspace.com last summer for my college newspaper. Short digression: This was my second piece of music journalism. The first being a short article about wizard rock that I wrote my sophomore year.

This blog is about music. It can be music news, essays that touch on artists I like for personal reasons, album reviews, live concert reviews, and much, much more! (If you call in the next 30 minutes, your order will be doubled!)

1 comment:

Geese said...

This is the requisite fist comment!