Saturday, July 19, 2008

A bit of housecleaning

I haven't listened to the new Beck album, ack. How disappointing.

Everyone's already talked about it, but yes, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. AWESOME. All three acts are up for free viewing right now and it lasts for a week, according to wikipedia. There is some great music in this, I have to say. And can anyone say no to Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion, and Felicia Day. Guys, I totally had a crush on Doogie Howser! And now the world will have crushes too! Up for downloading at the itunes store. There will eventually be a DVD with commentary featuring brand new songs in a section called Commentary! The Musical. (source still wikipedia). Cool beans.

In personal news, I both recently found a picture of me with Jimmy Urine's autograph on my person and found out they'll be back in Boise in September. Also, I'm looking forward to catching both the Faint and Amadan in Boise in the next fortnight. Exciting!

In Boz Boorer news, he's coming out with a new album in September and it'll feature some Adam Ant music that was going to be on Save the Gorilla. Yay, Adam and Boz! Boz Boorer also worked with Adam Ant on 1995's Wonderful, co-writing most of the songs. I have mad respect for Boz Boorer because he is really a hard worker. I'm itching to interview him someday.

Lastly, the music video for Robots in Disguise's "The Tears" is one of the best things I've seen lately. The video was somehow leaked on their site early and so they have been trying to get it removed from all over the internet. I have to say too late to that. They wanted all uploaded graphics, avatars/icons and screencaps, taken down, but that is near impossible as those are easily spread. Also, a copy was put on megaupload. That baby is effectively leaked. Also, Noel Fielding is incredible in this video. I have no idea when the official release date is, so I will be respecting the ban in the meantime. Awww, I'm tricksy.

2 comments:

Geese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Geese said...

Nathan Fillion's arms are so massive that they are credited seperately. I'm also told that they don't get on so well and have to be driven to the location in different cars. Absolutely true story.

I tried to download it from iTunes. I was weighed, I was measured, and I was found to live in England. Sorry, says iTunes, but you're not allowed nice things. It's probably for the best, actually. I tried downloading RoboCop from iTunes and it turned out to be the Corrupted and Unwatchable adventures of Distortion and Crash.

I had to delete my first comment because I'd used the same descriptive term twice, and it really showed. Blogger, why are your text boxes so small?