Monday, December 8, 2008

Your light of love shined on me and I jizzed in my pants

I owe a lot to bestweekever.tv, but nothing I can do can make up for being shown this video by Chris Dane Owens. I have trouble expressing my feelings about this music video and song. Suffice it to say, there are unmatched levels of joy in my life now.

But first, a little background info. When I first heard of this, I looked up Chris Dane Owens on Wikipedia but dude didn't have a page. He does, however, have a page on imdb. This man, whose lyrical creations light up my ears, is a television and film producer and he is the son of Gary Owens whom I know best as Dirk Niblick from Square One Television.

My early comments upon viewing the clip:
"Is he trying to look like Cary Elwes?"
"I like that if you just listen to the music, it is impossible to tell what year this was made." I mean that in the best way possible. I have memories of sitting in the car as a child and listening to jams like this, circa 1990.
and simply "WHAT THE FUCK" as I sat there in awe.

"Shine On Me" appears on the album Blue Stone which comes out in February. The physical CD will come with a letterbox version of the "Shine" video. Well, I'm sold.

That video is vying for my attention as it's time for the SNL Digital Short holiday song. We all remember "Lazy Sunday" and "Dick in a Box". Now we can add "Jizz in My Pants" to that list. This song is the first single from The Lonely Island's debut album "INCREDIBAD". In stores 2/10/2009. THE DUDES ARE RELEASING AN ALBUM. That's super Ka-blamo, y'all.

PS I'm stupidly pleased with my post title.

1 comment:

Christopher Beukelman said...

Beautifully done title, I was lucky enough to catch jizz in my pants on the telly and was chortleROFLchortle all over my shirt.