Tuesday, December 16, 2008

VotD: "Where The Wild Roses Grow" sung by Nick Cave and Blixa Bargeld

I love love love both Nick Cave and Blixa Bargeld. Nick Cave is that guy who sings low a lot and sometimes acts. Blixa Bargeld is some German guy was involved in the industrial music scene. Very influential. His group Einstürzende Neubauten inspired Depeche Mode with their "found sound" experiments. Oh noes, Tom Cruise is going to accuse me of being glib.

Now to explain the video. I discovered this when I read that the girl part for "Where The Wild Roses Grow" was written for Blixa but the song was recorded as a duet with Nick Cave and Kylie Minogue. That version is pretty good (very good), but there's something magical about Blixa Bargeld, so I went searching on YouTube and hit paydirt.



Things I love about this video:
Nick Cave's dancing
Nick Cave touching Blixa and giving him a rose and singing at him
They hold hands at the end! Awwwwww

1 comment:

-Murphy said...

I'm not going to lie. That was pretty solid.