Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bits and Pieces

Is it sad that I get music news off MySpace? Well, I trawl so you don't have to.

Scott Matthew is working on his second solo album and Spencer Cobrin announced recently (ha! more like ages ago.) that he's in on that project. Yippy skippy. And as I still don't think his first album is available in the US I'm S.O.L. So I make do with what is posted on Matthew's and Cobrin's MySpace pages. (Related and none of my business: Gary Day totally left a comment on Spencer's MySpace! *Fangirl squee!*)

Depeche Mode dot com is under construction and the revamped site will be up and running "soon" to reflect the new album underway. There was a press conference in Berlin early Monday morning in the US that featured snippets of two new songs. YouTube videos were quickly taken down. The press conference was to confirm the new tour "Tour of the Universe" European dates (scroll a bit, there you go). No telling when they will announce the dates for the North American leg.

Moby and a friend made a video which he described as a punk version of Making the Band. I haven't watched it yet, oops.

I think that the UK release of Robots in Disguise single "The Tears" was today. Do they even have US distribution? Somehow I don't think so. Video

The US release of The Streets' new album Everything Is Borrowed was Tuesday. I haven't listened to this yet, but expect some commentary from me soon.

Adam Ant totally won an award from Q Magazine and jokingly mentioned that Coldplay was fully biting his style, dudes.(more on Family of Noise

MySpace tells me that The Slants are looking for a new drummer.

No comments: