Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Chris Corner revealed the name of IAMX's third album via Twitter on Sunday - My Monster. He mentioned that the release time as summer of this year. Whoo! For my own benefit I'll list the albums I'm excited for this year.

February:
10 The Lonely Island's Incredibad
16/17 Morrissey's Years of Refusal
Sometime Chris Dane Owen's Blue Stone

March
23 Pet Shop Boys Yes I didn't even know about this until I googled something unrelated. Laaaame me.

April
20/21 Depeche Mode's next album

Summer
IAMX's My Monster

That's all I can remember for now. Also Glasvegas's self-titled album was released in the US today. From one half-listening go through I give it 2/5. I really expected more after I saw all the good reviews compiled in the info box on Wikipedia. Love the thick accent, though <3.

Sorry to end this on a down note, but Ron Asheton, guitarist and bassist for seminal rock band The Stooges, was found dead in his Ann Arbor home. Early reports suggest death by heart attack but autopsy and toxicology reports will be released in the future. Ron Asheton was 60 years old.

No comments: