Sunday, August 3, 2008

SotD: "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful" by Morrissey

This may just be me, but I prefer Morrissey when he worked with the Smiths. That's not why I gathered you here today, though. This is mostly to celebrate that drummer named Spencer Cobrin (appearing in this video for Morrissey). This guy is cuter than puppies and so modest! I had the privilege of interviewing him for the College of Idaho student newspaper via his MySpace page. I totally asked him for the interview out of the blue and he was so nice about it. I'll always consider him my "big break" like a dork.

Musically, I don't know much about drummers and what makes for better drummers than others besides the ability to keep a steady beat. However, I can say that this dude is pretty talented! He not only plays the drums, but he plays the piano and guitar. Right now, he's given up live performance for composing and doing scoring for films. His work is really good.

Last year, he even wished me a happy birthday! This musician is definitely one of my favorite personalities.

Further link: Elva Snow on CD Baby

No comments: